Welcome to the Butford Organics web site.
The following pages let you know about our Farm and what we do here. There is also information about where you can buy our produce and how to contact us.
We moved to Herefordshire in 1999 and set about realising a lifetime's ambition to produce food in a natural, nutritious and environmentally sustainable way. The result is Butford Organics, a family-owned organic smallholding specialising in cider, perry and preserves.
We are licensed by the Soil Association as both organic producers and processors. We actively support all endeavours to promote fresh local food.
- We don't use artificial fertilizers, chemical pesticides or unnecessary antibiotics on our holding.
- We do endeavour to minimise our carbon footprint - we have our own sustainable wood supply for all our heating and hot water needs and generate most of our electricity with solar panels.
- We do minimise food miles.
- We do grow our fruit allowing natural predators to keep the trees healthy and bees to pollinate the blossom.
- We do raise our livestock as naturally as possible and supplement only with organic feed.
- We do enjoy our lifestyle and the resulting produce - we hope you do to.
We welcome you to our website. We hope you find it interesting and informative.
Janet and Martin Harris
Breaking News - September 2012 Update
- Go to Our Orchards page to read our current assessment of this year's harvest.
- All our bottled products are now ready. Go to the How to Buy page for details.
- Our Sadira perry achieved 2nd best perry at the 2012 Royal Bath & West Show.
- Our Ganymede cider was awarded Commended status at the Soil Association 2012 Organic Food Awards.
- We will be starting our pressing in the last week of September.
- Full details of our cider making courses are now available. Please go to the Cider Making Courses page to download an application form.